In Jan 2007, it will be 7th year on an unconventional diet. Unconventional means not consuming any genetic modified or processed foods. Though my diet is still not perfect, I am convinced that a good diet is the best way to live a fulfilling life.
1) NO FLU - For the past 7 years, I have not developed any flu symptoms. Though I have been in contact with people with dripping noses and/or coughers, I have not gotten sick by any of them.
2) NO LONGER TIRED - When I was on the conventional processed diet, I would come home feeling tired. Now that I am on the unconventional healthy diet, I don’t feel the same way. I am full of energy. As soon as I am off work, I want to do something. I want to learn something new. I want to cook. I want to go shopping. I want to attend a lecture. I want to walk. There is so many wants I want that I don’t have time to list them all, but I want them all. I feel like a “5 year old”, very curious about the world.
3) NO CONCERNS ABOUT WEIGHT - I consume alot, and my grocery bill of $550/month (just for me) proves it. My BMI is about 23.5, probably due to the high number of activities I go through in a day. I haven’t cut any calories, but I’ve lost 2″ off my waist.
4) NO PMS - My friends used to tell me that women get PMS because of men. Now I laugh at my friends and tell them to eat their hearts out whenever they get PMS. I’m “bad”.
1) The cost of eating healthy is alot more than eating processed food. My monthly grocery bill can feed a family of 4 on a processed diet.
2) You have to do everyone else’s work while they are out sick.